They’re here the long – awaited vacation. For two or three months will be many journeys that we will perform along and breadth of our roads, so these days come renewed importance some classic tips to keep in mind before leaving vacation.
Classical management of risk factors in driving speaks of a triangle formed by the driver, the vehicle and the road. Although today that triangle has passed into history in favor of more comprehensive schemes, this time comes well to give an overview of the main points to check before closing the gas tap, take two turns lock and launch into the road in search of a deserved rest.
- As much as technology advances in active and passive safety, is still the driver who, with their good work, you should know to choose the right answers in every situation and make the necessary moves at the right time. But if the driver is not in optimal psychophysical conditions, the results you get when driving are not always satisfactory.
Why it is recommended:
- Quit being rested. It seems incredible, but it is still frequent Planning? a trip to the style “I leave work at five, step by home and six are on the road.” Unless one works scratching his belly all day, you need to rest at least a couple of hours before departure. And rest means just that: relax. The brain disconnected to fend off fatigue and can end up having an upset.
- Eat something. We know it’s important to eat well while traveling: without starving or rolling up from the table. Eating little is a sure ticket to the fatigue of our brain. Overeating guarantees the drowsiness. As always, the secret is to find the balance. Several light meals are always a better solution than gargantuan binge.
- Carry a water bottle hand. As we drive, we need to keep our attention at the wheel. But this attention diminishes when we do not ingest liquids. Therefore it is necessary to bear in mind the importance of hydration during the trip, always making a brief stop to avoid losing attention to the road while we drink.
- Today, the maintenance programs contemplate the cars handle long periods between review and revision. So let us forget our vehicles almost entirely of care. But that “almost” is the one that can make the difference between a smooth ride and a bad experience. Therefore it is necessary:
- Check the general condition of the vehicle. It is no use having the best vehicle if you do not stay in shape throughout the year. But, in view of a long journey, it is best to keep an eye on some essential point’s automobile maintenance.
- Check the tire condition. We must never forget that the wheels are the only point of contact between the vehicle and the ground. So if you are not in good condition, it will not help us to take the more equipped vehicle. The basic thing is to check the inflation pressure of tires, good general condition, tread depth and the absence of cuts or other damage. If we doubt, worth going to a specialist workshop that you take a look. In this we can go life, and this phrase is not an exaggeration.
- Load only necessary. Excess baggage will result in overconsumption and poor response of the vehicle in an emergency situation. Surely our destination we can find shops where you can buy many of those things that usually absurdly walked from one end of the country to the other. Moreover, if you travel with empty rear seats, it is convenient fasten the belts to help retain the contents of the trunk in case of sudden braking or a collision.
- Check the documentation that we have. In Spain, in the car must carry the registration certificate, card ITV and the last receipt that accredits be current in the payment of insurance. The driver, meanwhile, must carry the ID card and driving license. Duly certified photocopies are valid for this purpose.
- The road is the surprise factor par excellence. Depending on the speed at which circulators, their characteristics we will be presenting more or less quickly, so we must anticipate as much as possible to prevent the various situations caught us off guard. Good anticipation begins before the trip, also when we talk about the road, if we care to follow some points as these:
- Inform, before leaving, of what is the best way to reach our destination and road conditions. Print few maps and directions necessary and be aware, through the radio reports on the traffic situation at all times.
- Choose the departure time wisely, to avoid crowds on the road. Jams only help us irritated and tired and spent fuel in the most stupid way. A good Eco driving also contemplates such details.
- Plan your route properly, depending on the distance we must travel and always thinking about the need to rest along the journey. If our schedule including stops to counter fatigue journey, avoid the imprudence resulting from improvisation.
Do not get an arrival time. Because the idea of a vacation is to rest. Much of road accidents on long journeys is recorded when the driver has left few kilometers to reach their destination. At the end of the day, the idea is when we go on vacation to relax, so … why do we stress out the duration of the trip?