Consider the type of housing.
Safety floors: Thieves take advantage of the absence of the owners, usually during holiday periods, to steal at home. To simulate the house is inhabited and discourage its assault is useful to place automatic timers to turn on the lights or television for short daily periods.
Pay special attention to the safety of the doors and put motion detectors at the entrances to housing.
Security in houses: In the independent houses, security systems require addressing both the needs of the interior space and the outside area.
External security: We recommend installing motion detectors and detectors for opening doors at the entrances to the plot and the house itself. At home, also they can be placed detectors, glass break. If a more complete system desired can be placed surveillance cameras and outdoor sirens on the facade.
Internal security: The most effective way to detect the intrusion is by motion sensors placed in specific areas. It is best to choose places of passage and access to the rooms where are the most valuable objects.
Choose the degree of protection that interests you.
Deterrent systems at low cost: As economic options recommend installing automatic timers on a lamp and / or appliance and alarms unsupervised with a system of acoustic warning to scare off intruders. They are cheap but less effective solutions.
GSM alarms with personal notice: If you prefer a more sophisticated system, and with an average price GSM alarm may be what you need. Usually they install people who spend the day away from home and want to be alerted if there is any incident. In this case, the system is contacted with the phone or phones that have scheduled to give notice. It has the advantage that the owner is notified of the assault in real time and only requires a down payment and payment for calls if it is activated.
Alarms connected to central monitoring station: This system is recommended for isolated homes, second homes or high – risk properties that keep especially valuable objects. The alarm communicates notices to a security company specialized that attend incidents 24h 365 days a year. In addition to the intrusion also it controls attempts to manipulate the system settings. Involves paying an annual or monthly to the security company which is a costly solution subscription, although it is the safest.
Check your home and plan the installation of the security system.
Once you have decided the type of security system per the degree of protection that most interests you, follow the steps below.
- Analyze your home and calculate the number of possible entries (windows and doors) you want to protect.
- List the sites where you can place the various components of the alarm system. Check out our previous article for more information. If you have a pet, have it in mind when choosing the placement sites, to avoid activating the alarm unnecessarily.
- Instruct the other adults in the house on the operation of the safety system to prevent false alarms.
- If you have chosen a system hardwired note the distance between the doors or windows to protect and control panel to calculate the necessary meters of cable and the range of the wireless system. Remember that these systems will always be easier to install in homes under construction that post.
- Discuss your findings with professional installer of security systems, so you can advise you and tell you the details you may have escaped.