Homeowners give much thought to the safety of their homes. Installing a security system is a way of protecting your home from intruders and other related problems. Generally, these systems require a code to turn on and turn off the alarm. Most systems allow you to assign a different alarm code for each family member, and your security company will help you configure the initial codes.
You can reset these codes on your own in the future, using the numeric keypad of the alarm. Most homeowners prefer code that nobody else knows, including employees of the security company.
- 1. Turns your home security alarm. Go to the main menu and select the “User Configuration” option. Be sure to carefully read the user manual of the device, as the systems and processes alarms vary between manufacturers.
- 2. Enter the master code to access the information under the “User Configuration” option. If you do not know this code, look in your owner’s manual or call your security company.
- 3. Select the “Configure user codes.” Click the “OK” or “Enter” button until you see the alarm code. Depending on the manufacturer, it can have the “User Code 1”, “Security code” or some other variation label.
- 4. Enter your new alarm code using the keypad. Press “OK” or “Enter” to confirm the new code.
- 5. Press “Next” to enter the “User Code 2”, or “Security code 2”, if necessary. Enter the new second code and press “Enter”. Repeat until you have entered all your new codes.
- 6. Once you have reset all codes activate security system to verify that the codes work.